One in 20 Australians have reported gut parasites, but in reality, this number is likely to be far higher.
The probable reason these little squatters often stay undetected is that many people don’t experience the typical nausea, diarrhoea or itchy bottom that we commonly put down to parasites. Instead, they may have non-specific symptoms such as fatigue, nutrient malabsorption, weight loss, irritability, brain fog, sugar cravings, and food sensitivities.
A lot of people also think that parasites can be easily seen with the naked eye by examining the stool, or by shining a torch into the anus during the night. Most parasites, however, are teeny tiny, one-celled and can only be seen under a microscope.
The infection with these organisms occurs through faecal-oral route (ie. not washing hands properly - especially an issue in schools/kindergartens), through water or food, and through pets.
The two most common single-celled parasites in Australia are called Dientamoeba fragilis and Blastocystis hominis. Diagnosis of the infection is simple, but the conventional treatment involves multiple antibiotics and even then, the likelihood of eradicating it is as low as 70%. Another big issue is that these antibiotics totally destroy beneficial gut flora, and thereby contribute to the development of leaky gut.
Bioresonance therapy offers a gentle, often effective alternative and will not disrupt the gut flora in the way traditional antibiotics do. In addition, the introduction of fermented foods, bone broths and other gut-healing measures are paramount to ensure the gut can heal itself from the parasite invasion (and prevent it from returning!).
If you know you have a parasite infection, or suspect one, come and see us today.